FAIR SPORT FOR ALL
ABF-UK Light Contact Rules & Code of Conduct
Matching and Venue requirements.
- To be a fair stand-up boxing match in a 16-24-foot ring, or as near that size as practicable.
- All contact to be light contact, a KO may result in disqualification if seen to be excessive force of intent
- MAXIMUM age difference between minors Is 2 years
- MAXIMUM weight difference for Title bouts under 18 Is 2.5kg
- For open tournaments weight difference is 5k
- All Fighters must pass the fit to fight medical before allowed to fight
- 28 day medical suspensions will be issued where appropriate
- All fighters must hand in their up to date ABF-UK license before each fight so it can be up dated accurately BY An ABF-UK OFFICIAL Only
- Wrapping of hands, no electrical tape is NOT allowed, and no tape will be allowed on knuckles, in between knuckles is allowed and tape to 1” up to BACK OF knuckle is allowed.
Rules & Requirements of Light Contact Boxing
- All Fighters must wear head gear approved by the referee
- Gum Shields and Groin, breast protectors must be worn
- All fighters must wear a suitable vest, boxing shorts & Boxing Boots
- Vests are mandatory for all Boxers Under 12yrs of age.
- No Fighter will be allowed to fight unless in possession of up to date ABF-UK license.
- All Punches to the head must be controlled light contact.
- Punches to the body are allowed to be heavier.
- No punches to the back of the head allowed
- No kidney punches allowed
- No Punches below the belt allowed
- Fighters must protect themselves at all times!
- No hitting after the bell
- No Head butts, Elbows, Knees or kicks allowed
- Illegal blows may result in disqualification, which is at the referees discretion
- No wrestling or hugging allowed.
- Open Tournament rounds will be 2 x 1 min rounds with 30 sec rest for preliminary rounds, then 3 x 1 min rounds with 30 sec rest for Final.
- The Non Title rounds to be of 1.5 minutes duration, and one minute’s time between rounds.
- The Title rounds to be of 5 x 2 minutes duration, with one minute’s rest time between rounds.
- TITLE fights, Boxers will only be allowed to wear provided gloves
- An event that is not sanctioned by ABF-UK and does not have ABF-UK officials present will not be recognised nor insured through ABF-UK
- All ABF-UK events must have, Event insurance, ABF-UK Chief official/REP, ABF-UK recognised qualified Referee, ABF-UK recognised and qualified judges
- All ABF-UK event must have registered and qualified medical supervision
Rules of Conduct.
- If either Boxer falls through weakness or otherwise, he must get up unassisted, 10 seconds to be allowed him to do so, the other man meanwhile to return to a neutral corner, and when the fallen man is on his legs the round is to be resumed and continued until the three minutes have expired. If one man fails to come to the scratch in the 10 seconds allowed, it shall be in the power of the referee to give the win in favor of the other fighter.
- A fighter hanging on the ropes in a helpless state, with his toes off the ground, shall be considered down.
- No seconds or any other person to be allowed in the ring during the rounds.
- Should the contest be stopped by any unavoidable interference, the referee to name the time and place as soon as possible for finishing the contest; so that the match must be won and lost?
- The gloves to be fair-sized boxing gloves of the best quality and new:
Under 8yrs 80z Gloves Halo Rules
Over 8yrs 10oz Gloves
- Should a glove burst, or come off, it must be replaced to the referee’s satisfaction.
- A man on one knee is considered down and if struck is entitled to the stakes.
- That no shoes or boots with spikes be allowed.
- The contest in all other respects to be governed by ABF-UK
- ABF-UK is strictly an amateur fighting sport federation, no purses are to be paid other than agreed ticket commission agreed between event Organiser and Boxer.
- ABF-UK events are for martial arts based clubs to gain experience of the art of boxing. Under a strict controlled and safe environment. And is not to be measured alongside the ABA or BBBoC
ALL RULES MUST BE ADHERED TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IF NOT!!!
ABF-UK is a part of CFKA Rules, Regulations And is subject to CFKA Requirements.