ABF-UK child and young persons charter
The Amateur Boxing Federation-UK aims to ensure that all children and young people within the sport of Amateur LIGHT CONTACT Boxing are treated with respect, valued and at all times ‘safe’ from all forms of abuse.
We want you:
- To feel welcomed into a safe, caring, sport with a happy and friendly atmosphere within your club;
- To be regarded as an individual, listened to, having your feelings respected and opinions valued;
- Cared for by skilled, experienced staff and volunteers who understand the needs of children and young people;
- Given praise and encouragement, opportunities to succeed and an environment where positive behavior is promoted;
- Encouraged to develop self-discipline and consideration for others;
- Provided with opportunities to learn new skills, develop confidence and a positive self image.
As a child or young person you are the future of our sport and we are determined that you will thrive and achieve your goals and full potential in a friendly and safe environment.
All within Amateur LIGHT CONTACT Boxing must be committed to your welfare and there will be no shortage of adults that will be ready to listen and address your concerns.
There may be times when you feel angry, unsafe, isolated, unhappy, uncomfortable or just worried. In these cases, you should always tell your parents or those who care for you. Please remember, there will always be someone who can help.
If you cannot or do not feel you want to speak to any of these people, you can contact any of the following organizations 24 hours a day who ‘will’ listen and do something to help you:
CHILD LINE: 0800 1111
NSPCC HELP LINE: 0808 800 5000
Alternatively go to: www.worriedneed2talk.org.uk where you will find invaluable information.